GOD Doesn’t Care!

Some time ago my husband and I attended a Gospel music concert. One of the groups, Greater Vision, introduced one of their songs by title, ‘God Doesn’t Care’. Hold on a minute! That’s not what I’ve been taught all my life. Yes, there have been those times when for a short while I even thought that myself. However, my Bible tells me in Jeremiah 29:11 that ‘God knows the plans He has for me, plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me a hope and a future’. There are many more verses with a similar message. So when someone says, ‘God doesn’t care’ I would have to disagree wholeheartedly.
Wait a minute! The song goes on to speak about all the stuff in my life that fails to honour the God who created me; the basic sin of rebellion, nasty attitudes towards those in authority, gossiping about one friend to another. Not forgetting the sins of lust, debauchery and disrespect to family members.
Okay! I get it. He doesn’t care about my past sins, He doesn’t care what I’ve done, He just wants to love me! When all my sin and failures are put under the cleansing blood of Jesus, they are gone. When they are confessed and repented of, I am forgiven and I am clean again, according to 1 John 1:9.
That’s why we celebrate Good Friday. As sad and dark a day as it was, through Jesus’ sacrificial death on a cruel cross I can face God and feel only the warmth of His love radiating out towards me!
He doesn’t care who, where, or what I was. By the same power that raised Christ from the dead He has made me a brand new person, a new creation.
So you see, what has transpired in the past no longer defines who I am, nor does it bind me with chains that deny me the freedom that God’s plan for me includes. God doesn’t care and I couldn’t agree more!
The question remains, what will you do about it? I choose to love and follow Him with all my heart. Even having made that commitment I fail Him often, but how awesome it is to remember that God doesn’t care about the sin and failures that are brought before Him and forgiven (1 John 1:9)
He does care about ME, He does care about YOU!
Being confident of His loving care is what keeps me going as I continue on the way to the party!


*All scriptures are taken from the New King James Version.

Comments

  1. Wow. Love this, thank you Ruby!!
    I needed to hear this ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts