TRANSFORMATION

So I wonder, how many people actually like doing housework? It is much more likely that we do the necessary work simply because it needs to be done and someone has to do it!
I have heard people say ‘I enjoy cleaning’ and I wouldn’t dare to argue the point. However, I do understand where they are coming from, I think.
Very recently I have had opportunity to do a little more cleaning than usual and I can get a little high on it! Just today when I was cleaning bathrooms and mopping floors, again, I thought to myself, ‘Do I really enjoy this as I have declared more than once, or is it the finished product that motivates me?’
After giving it a little thought it occurred to me that it is the transforming process that I find quite fascinating! I walk into a room that obviously needs some work, I begin the task no matter how unpleasant and in a short time I see a marked difference as the beauty sparkles through! The room is transformed!
It brings to mind the redeeming work of God in the life of a person given over to Him. No matter how messed up, tangled or confused one is, the power of Jesus Christ and the blood He shed to redeem us back to God comes in and begins a transforming work. That life will never be perfected on this side of eternity, but as Holy Spirit is given space and permission to freely work, a lasting transformation takes place and the result that follows will sparkle with the love and life of our Lord!
I have seen with my own eyes how one with a seriously scary addiction to illicit drugs has given his life to Christ and currently exudes the sparkle of love and joy that comes only from Jesus.
I have seen couples whose relationships were so twisted to the point of breaking, it looked like nothing could bring them back together. Then God heard them in the midst of their heartache and despair, stepped in and did a bit of housecleaning. The transformation is like no other; possibly because He has the power to do so much more than a fix; He makes us brand new, according to 2 Corinthians 5:17. The New Living Translation puts it this way ‘....anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life has gone and a new life has begun!’ Taking it one step further, true transformation of a life can only be complete when we realize our authority and freedom in Christ. Romans 8:1 states ‘There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh ( our human desires) but after the Spirit!’
We can know that we belong to Jesus and are included in the family of God as we relate to Him as a child to a loving Father. Then take a peek inside and see how He is changing attitudes, outlook and habits; these small changes are proof of a solid transformation that will bring BIG results!
Come join me on the way to the party!

Comments

Popular Posts