SINGIN’ IN THE RAIN

On my all day drive today I allowed my mind to wander and it took me on a rather meandering path; stopping for moments at various locations, not all of them happy. In my own life I remember many deep, dark, stormy days when I truly felt there would never be an end to the intense sting of the driving rain of despair and hopelessness.
I knew the promises of God and I had no doubt that my God would deliver on them, but until.....
I have just enjoyed a week of spending time with family, children, grandchildren and siblings. During this short time several people I know of have lost loved ones, others have had terrible family and relationship challenges thrown at them. Still others have lost big time in the financial arena with jobs and businesses.
God has never promised that we would be without trials or tribulations but He has promised to walk with us through the storm and to calm the storm on the inside of us! In John 16:33 we read ‘These things I have spoken unto you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.’
I’m not sure about you, but when I read that verse of scripture I feel like I just opened the umbrella and stepped under it into the shelter from the driving rain! If you have the opportunity I would like to encourage you to check out the song ‘I Am’ by Crowder. Here the soothing lyrics bringing to life the promises of our Lord and Saviour will wash over your soul, ravaged by the storms of life.
 I have found Jesus to be my companion in every storm thrown at me, but only in as much as I have allowed Him access. A lot of my encouragement has come in the form of music  and I guess that’s why I tend to start singing when the rain begins to fall. Actually, there are many times that God brings gentle rains into our lives not to overwhelm us but to refresh us and stimulate growth. These are never meant to destroy and devastate!
In fact tomorrow as I finish out the journey home I see the forecast is for rain and although I don’t particularly like driving in the rain, I plan to be singin’ in the rain and sail along in the peace of Jesus on my way to the party!

Comments

Popular Posts