I Changed my Mind

Years ago, when my oldest daughter was only three, I took her with me to a pre-natal doctor’s visit. In those days, in the small town we lived in, it was common for the receptionist to keep an eye on little ones that age in the waiting room. Moms, don’t try that today! To make the wait easier for her I had bought her a small treat that she could enjoy while waiting for me. She proudly clutched her choice of goodies ( bubble gum, no less ) in her chubby little hand as she informed me she would save three pieces for her brother. I encouraged her in this endeavour of generosity.
On my return to the waiting room a little later, I noticed her hands were empty and her already chubby cheeks were bulged out quite to their limits! After a quick pocket check I asked “Where are the pieces you saved for Scottie?”
Her answer? “I (chomp, chomp) changed my mind (chomp, chomp). Her reply came without the slightest trace of remorse!
As funny as it seemed and as much as I laughed later as I related the incident to her dad, it certainly got me thinking.
In 1 Timothy 6:17 we are charged not to trust in the uncertainty of riches but in “God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy.” He gives generously, all we need to bring real joy into our lives. His promise in Jeremiah 29:11 is that He knows what He has planned for me; His plans are to prosper me and not to harm me, to give me hope and a future.
He gives generously all we need for a life filled with joy and purpose. Our heavenly father has promised to give to us abundantly, and God, we can be sure will NEVER change His mind! His promises keep me strong and filled with anticipation as I continue on my way to the party.

Comments

Popular Posts