God Invented Recycling

Well, the main event of Christmas is over and now we’re just kind of floating in the haze of fatigue, sugar and tryptophan until the bells have rung in the New Year. Then, of course, life begins to pick up speed again! Actually, I’m also floating in a few tears after saying good-bye to my kids and grandkids yesterday morning. They have all grown taller than me in the last year and that’s just wrong!
During the Christmas week it seemed to me every time I turned around there was a pile of stuff to haul to the recycling bin. Now , I’m pretty old and recycling is a pretty new concept as far as years go, and yet I can’t remember a time when it wasn’t being done. When I was a child ( just a few years ago ) my mother didn’t throw out a whole lot. She re-purposed, re-used and re-beautified everything she could get her hands on! I love that she taught me to be frugal and creative. Okay, some people would call it cheap, but I like me! There was a time when ‘re-cycle’ first became a buzz word and I thought, “Well duh! It’s been done”.
Really, my mom didn’t come up with the idea either. It was all God’s idea, part of His plan. If you are familiar with some of the more famous stories from the Bible, there was a time when God sent a little rain and made the entire world clean and new again. Or how about rebellious Jonah? He went for a swim ( not his choice ) and had a heart transformation at the bottom of the sea. He had a whale of a time and came out of that experience a new man with a new purpose. Saul was a very bad man and one day he saw the light; he changed direction, changed his name ( to Paul ) and changed his world!
In the Bible, 2 Corinthians 5:17, we are told that when we come to God through Jesus Christ He makes us brand new. The old is GONE and the new has come.
As we enter the new year ahead, let’s think about it; let’s adopt a new dream and a new purpose, one that will carry us through the year and keep us on track as we head on out, on our way to the party.

Comments

Popular Posts