Sometimes I Feel Like my Washer

Yes, there are days when I feel that if another load is added I may not survive! Come on, I know you’ve been there... “Please Lord” I whispered as I dumped the first load of the day’s laundry into my old washer. “Please keep it going for a few more loads.”
“Hey,” I thought to myself, “ this is becoming a habit.” It was true, that old machine was making funny noises again and I did not want to be paying another repair bill. So I prayed as it sluggishly began to move the clothes around and do it’s job. It just kept going one load at a time, one load after another.
You know, some days I feel just like that old washer! I feel like I could not bear to have one more load dumped on me. I moan, groan and grind my way through the day. Every so often my Master has to come and balance my load. I tend to start jumping around and making a lot of unnecessary noises when I get ‘unbalanced’!
Yes, sometimes I just need to talk to my friend, Jesus, and tell Him exactly what I’m feeling. He then gives me a promise in Matthew 11:28-30, inviting me to come to Him so that He can take my burdens and give me rest. He, in fact, lightens the load and keeps me going one load at a time and one step at a time as I continue my journey on the way to the party!

Comments

Popular Posts