Jesus Invented Twitter

So tell me, who really invented Twitter? Before you go researching all the facts and figures I do know what Google tells me. I beg to differ.  Dorsey, Stone, Glass and Williams may have brought it into the twenty first century twelve years ago but would you let me introduce you to someone who walked this earth over two thousand years ago? He made a few friends and as He met them He would say “Follow me”. Many did and were not disappointed as they listened to what He had to say about life in general; relationships, business principles and relating to their creator God in particular. Many listened and not all actually ‘followed’ Him.
Those that did follow found that He did not promise a trouble-free life, but rather that He would never leave them or forsake them according to the Bible, Hebrews 13:5. He also promised that “I will be with you always even to the end of the age” Mat.28:20. That means we can count on Him through thick and thin, in good times and in bad, through anything life throws at us. Those words spoken thousands of years ago resound in our hearts today.
I’ve lived a few years and as Dr. Phil says, “This ain’t my first rodeo”! And yet, I’ve found the promise Jesus’ constant presence and power in my life to be so much more than empty words.
Yes, I follow Him and I, too, have never been disappointed! Life is good, albeit, never stress free.
Heartache and disappointment, crushed dreams and daily challenges have been my travelling companions all my life. And yet the presence of Jesus Christ is with me and I invite you to join me as I continue to follow Him on the way to the party!

Comments

Popular Posts