Spring in my Step

It’s that time of year again! You look around the house and catch sight of bits of clutter here and there; stuff that wasn’t there a few months ago. Yes, it happens every week, a few flyers get tossed into the magazine rack and in no time they start reproducing. And you thought rabbits had the corner on that! Your closets now hold things that you’ve grown out of one direction or the other. Those tired whimsical little must-haves have now become must-go’s!
When spring comes to my town I happily stuff the heavy ‘winter’ cushions and candles, hangings and home decor items into bins and closets. Then I bring out the lights and brights of spring and summer. I actually look forward to that special day and literally MAKE myself wait for just the right day. When it’s all done I enjoy the new look and it makes me feel lighter and brighter!
I wonder if God looks at me sometimes and sees the clutter and drab heaviness that I have allowed to cling to me. As I think of it I am quite aware of a tiny bit of envy, a tinge of impatience or a wee dribble of resentment. Not much of anything, really, but altogether it creates a look that is less than appealing, and leaves less room for love, acceptance and forgiveness for others. So I stuff all these undesirables in a ‘has bin’, give them to God and He buries them in a sea of forgetfulness. He then gives me a new life complete with fresh attitudes and a lighter, brighter outlook. And yes, this exchange has to happen frequently, and then with a spring in my step I can continue on my way to the party!

Comments

Popular Posts