Bloom Where You’re Planted

Okay, so I’ll just tell you straight up, I love flowers; all kinds of flowers! Short ones, tall ones, and those in the middle, none escapes my attention. Flowers with a gentle, pretty scent, those with a stronger, somewhat pungent aroma, and some that are even downright unpleasant. And yet every one of them is able to contribute to the beauty of our world!
Now, that said I do not consider myself a green thumb in any way. All I am capable of doing is digging a hole of appropriate size and plunking the tiny plant into it ( sometimes I even manage to get  it to remain in a roots down position! ) Then I simply wait for sunshine and rain, in proper proportions to do their part in raising it up to become a mature plant, and proving itself in revealing its fruit. In this case lovely blooms, some small, others larger will show up and make me proud!
One thing I have to keep in mind is that some plants love shade and if placed in full sunlight they will  shrivel up and die, worst case scenario, or at least not flourish. Those plants that are designed to grow in full sun will not develop properly in the shade and most certainly will not bloom to maximum potential. Having thought this through and planned accordingly, I then need to decide what to plant where. I certainly must not take a low growing border such as alyssum or portulaca and put it next to the house, with a poppy or Shasta daisy in front of it. However take the poppy and plant it behind the shorter growth and you have the beginnings of a beautiful little flower garden!
I haven’t even started on the lovely scented evening breeze that assails my nostrils as I sit on my deck enjoying the sunset. I close my eyes as I lay my head back and begin to meditate; my thoughts turning automatically to the place where it all started. God had a plan way back then, a plan for me and the direction my life should take, even as I plan what my flower garden will look like. Just as I see it in my mind, so He saw me according to Psalm 139!
He has a purpose for me, He has a purpose for you. Jeremiah 29:11 states ‘I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you, not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future’.
As that thought wends it’s way trough my brain I realize anew that I have no wish to be in the sun if my proper place of fulfillment is in the shade. If my place to bloom is supposed to be along the front border I am happy to be short (literally)! We can’t all be poppies. Maybe their are enough out there with ‘tall poppy’ syndrom who just have not found their place to bloom yet.
I guess we all need to be in the ‘Son’ to reach our full bloomin’ potential! And that’s right where I intend to stay as I make my way to the party!

Comments

Popular Posts