Find That Jewel

First we made the choice to go, then we bought the tickets on line. Still we had no idea where exactly this place was.
After all was said and done we googled ‘Rosebud’!
Imagine our surprise when we found it was a tiny hamlet with less than one hundred permanent residents, less than fifty homes and yet was boasted to be a major tourist attraction in southern Alberta.
Well, there’s nothing like going there and checking it out. After an hour’s drive we headed down into a valley and there it was! Looking very much like an old western movie set, it shone like a fine gem right there in the midst of the prairie badlands.
Needless to say we thoroughly enjoyed our day; the dinner and live theatre, the shops, unique attractions and art galleries. In fact, I believe I could visit again, check into one of their cozy bed and breakfast locations and spend a few days exploring!
What was impressed on me through this entire experience was that if we had never looked past the first tiny snippet of information I would have missed one of the richest and most enjoyable experiences of my life.
I wonder, how many times have I written off another person simply because the very first hurried impression didn’t look all that interesting? In all honesty, if a little more time and interest is invested we may find a treasure deep inside that is just waiting to be mined!
The thing is, there is no short cut to getting to really know a person. I do know from experience that in most cases it is worth putting in the extra effort. I ask you to dig deep, don’t write someone off because they look a little different, don’t dress in your favourite fashion trends or hold different views on certain subjects.
As for me, I plan to find all the treasures I can along the road as I continue on the way to the party!

Comments

Popular Posts