How About That Roadkill???

So, here I was lead-footing it back to Calgary after two weeks away from home. I cannot describe how wonderful it was to see my kids and grandkids who live so far from me!
Everything wonderful begins with a dream and ends with another; this one that of returning home.
I made a few stops on the way, extending them somewhat for a brief visit with friends. During the entire drive, though, as always I kept my eyes peeled hoping for a glimpse of wildlife. The highlight of any road trip for me is viewing wild animals in their natural habitat, just doing what comes naturally and being the beautiful creatures God created them to be!
As it was I saw one coyote and all the usual birds, nothing else. 😔 But wait! There were a large number over the miles that had seen an untimely demise right there in the middle of the road.
As I continued to pile up the long miles behind me with nothing to do, really, but think, I thought.
I was reminded of how we can so easily sail through life without giving a thought to the wounded and hurting falling around us. Making it more personal; some may even fall under the power and influence of my hands or mouth. A momentary lapse in judgement on my part can cause great pain and suffering to another. A sharp word spoken thoughtlessly may bring me a moment of euphoric release, and cause someone else’s spirit to wither and die. My hard attitude toward someone in need of compassionate acceptance may be the difference between that person believing in a loving God or causing further hardening of the heart.
Continuing in the vein of last week’s blog, I made a re-commitment to ‘walk carefully’ so that other’s are able to see clearly Whose child I am; which family I belong to.
As I travel through life I would like to think that I leave a conversation or a chance meeting, having infused a little life-giving positivity into a given situation. Everyone needs that, NO ONE needs put downs or jabs where it already hurts.
Can you relate to this?
My new resolve is to see people created in the image of God begin to view themselves exactly as that. It is a well documented fact that when we have a revelation of who we are in Jesus Christ, we naturally act accordingly. I desire to be that person that brings others to that revelation, lifting them up instead of knocking them down. I wonder if I have been the cause of any ‘road kill’ in the past; by the grace of God I hope not!
As I continue my journey I keep the eyes of my soul peeled and hopefully leave no roadkill on my way to the party.

Comments

Popular Posts