Log Out

Okay, so anyone who knows me knows that I’m a few sandwiches short of a picnic when it comes to technology! Just to prove my point; it’s been a year since I joined Facebook and it’s taken me that long to figure out what ‘log out’ means.
After reading a year’s worth of comments, some of which are snarky, ignorant and even downright rude, I’m beginning to get the picture. We call them ‘friends’ and yet I’m not so sure a true friend would respond with some of the remarks I have had the ‘pleasure’ of reading.
Makes me wish everyone would just ‘log out’. Now, before all my friends in Facebook land start hurling verbal stones let me explain; I have FINALLY figured out what ‘log out’ means!
Recently as I was reading my Bible I came across a lesson taught by Jesus in His famous sermon on the mount. As recorded in Mathew 7:3-5 Jesus , speaking to His followers, is telling them to take the log out of their own eye before they attempt removal of a speck in someone else’s eye. Seems basic common sense to me. How can one see clearly with a tree limb jutting out of one’s eye, and try removing a speck of sawdust out of his brother’s eye? In fact I can imagine Jesus having a little fun with this one, holding a large stick up to His eye to illustrate!
So, friends, please understand I am not commenting on my friends or the replies I get personally. You guys are all amazing, uplifting, and encouraging; as friends should be.
In fact, just thinking of this challenges me to look for the best in others  because I know that what I seek and focus on is what I see, and how I interpret. That is difficult for me at times, as my daughter once challenged me to look for and believe the best of others in a given situation. How did she ever get so smart?!
So now I have to continually remind myself to take the ‘log out’ of my own eye before I ‘speck’ulate on someone else’s mistakes, or what I perceive to be their bad!
Come to think of it, it also clears my vision so I can proceed safely on the way to the party!

Comments

Popular Posts