An Attitude of Gratitude

Yes, I know, that’s about as ‘cliche’ as you can get! The truth is that somewhere in the world someone is celebrating Thanksgiving Day today. It got me thinking. As you may know it doesn’t take much to get me thinking, but keeping my thoughts on track...well that’s another matter altogether!
I’d like to group my reflections into several categories; namely those of faith, family, fitness, finances and fun.
First of all I am so grateful for the opportunity to live in a country where, so far, we have the freedom to express and practise our faith. We may feel it slipping somewhat these days but that simply means we need to take up the challenge, stand up and speak up for that faith. My faith in particular is more than visiting a church occasionally, or watching my favourite preacher on television. It literally brings meaning and purpose to my life and through my relationship with Jesus Christ, gives me power to live in victory over all that is harsh and cruel in this world. Thank you, God!
Next I am forever grateful for my family. My parents, who brought me up in the faith I now cherish, my siblings, many of which I love to emulate, others that taught me much about how NOT to live. My children, whom I love and hold ever closer to my heart as I gain in years. And of course, they have blessed me richly with beautiful grandchildren, my crowning glory. Clearly, when I mention my children and grandchildren I am including those I inherited with my second marriage. They have enriched my life that much more and made me realize a facet to the concept of family I never knew before. I am so thankful for my late husband who fulfilled my life, and brought a whole set of siblings with him that I still hold dear. Now I give thanks for my husband who blesses me every day in a way only he can. Not to mention he brought into my life a whack of new siblings whom I appreciate more as I get to know them better; thank you, God!
Although I will not describe myself as particularly fit, I will say that I do enjoy good health for the most part. What I am really thankful for is the country we live in that provides a health care system that makes it possible to get medical help. Were it not for this one huge blessing how many of us would enjoy what we do have in the way of health? Thank you, God for good health!
That thought ties in somewhat with finances. Besides being blessed with employment opportunities, the financial help afforded by our government, job pensions and medical assistance makes life much easier for those that need a hand up at times. thank you, God, for your abundant provision!
Because we are blessed to live in this country, with a buffet of various  and beautiful scenic viewing opportunities to enjoy, fun and adventure are constantly at our fingertips. Again, I am thankful for the means to be able to do some travelling and see parts of this gorgeous nation of ours. Not only that, but different parts of the world as well. When I think that many have grown up in one city and never in a lifetime have set foot outside it’s parameters, I am ever more grateful for the blessings I have experienced. Thank you God!
And yet with all that I look forward to seeing the sights on ‘the other side’. Until then I will always remember to thank my God and express my thanks to Him as I continue on the way to the party!

Comments

Popular Posts