Moving On...

I’m a great believer in using the rear view mirror. Now, I know you can’t drive using only that; it is important to use the windshield and keep your eyes on the road ahead. However, It’s a good idea to occasionally glance back and see what’s catching up with you, checking to make sure you are leaving the past behind and thereby ensuring that you are indeed moving in a forward direction.
Translate that into life; every morning is the gift of a new day! Every new day brings fresh opportunities, unused potential and new insights. Because of where you have already been you have learned a few things that hopefully enable you to make choices and decisions that are less likely to end in disaster.
When looking back on the past year and life in general, I am amazed at all the blessings that have been showered on me! I refuse to blandly pass over them and take them for granted. I have lived long enough to know that life can so easily go off the rails and you end up nowhere near where you want to be. I also have seen the hand of Mighty God work in my life situations and change disappointment to delight! My Bible tells me in John chapter ten that the enemy comes to kill, steal and destroy but Jesus came to give me abundant (overflowing) life! I’ll take the latter. Jeremiah 29:11 also states that God knows the plans He has for me, ‘plans to prosper you, not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future.’ This I will take with me into the year ahead!
The year behind held its heartaches and challenges, which I choose not to dwell on. It also brought a lot of blessings, some of which I would like to share with you. In October of 2017 I was finally able to have corrective surgery on my right foot after a twenty-eight year old injury. Since then my body has begun to straighten out and pain is almost non-existent. I thank God for this and especially for allowing me to be born and grow up in this country where this is possible. Subsequent to this a few months ago, as I was thinking about the next day’s visit to my surgeon and discussing the need for further surgery to straighten my toes, I looked at them and saw, shock of all shocks, they were as straight as they had ever been! I don’t know how that happened other than a miracle but I will take it!
Then there was the wonderful time I spent re-connecting with family, cousins etc. at a reunion in July.
Some of these dear people I hadn’t seen for almost twenty years!
I was also blessed this past summer to be able to do some walking activities that were impossible to take part in for years; more to come.
I have been privileged to be involved in an outreach program for people living in challenging situations and have loved it, being excited to continue in the new year!
Through my church I have become involved in a small group which encourages building relationships through creating a great balance between Bible study, serving opportunities and fun times. I can’t wait to see what awaits me in the year ahead!
I do know that whatever is yet to come, with my Lord and Shepherd walking alongside me I will again experience many blessings and challenges.
In the meantime I continue on and I invite you to join me, on the way to the party!

Comments

Popular Posts