JUST TRUST

In less than five days we will be far away, south of here; trudging through sand dunes, having left the snow drifts far behind! It can’t come a day too soon for me as I eagerly look forward to soaking up some warmth into these old bones.
On hearing of our impending trip to Mexico we’ve had a lot of cautionary words sent our way and I do appreciate the concern. Then the news reports coming from the area we intend to visit are not so encouraging either. Almost to the point where we want to re-think our plans. But wait! We stop and engage a little common sense; in so doing we realize that if we stick to the safe zone, in this case our resort and legitimate excursion tour groups we will be relatively safe. We do not plan to set foot on the outside on our own or do any individual adventuring. Having done all we know to do to protect ourselves which, by the way, God expects of us anyway, we trust Him for His overall protection.
Isn’t this the way our every day should play out, after all? Instead of charging ahead without giving thought to the safety factors and moral quality of our plans, should we not take the time to think things through, weighing the pros and cons of our potential decision? After coming to the conclusion that we feel is best all around and that we feel God has led us to, we can proceed with confidence and just trust Him for the outcome. Actually I have tried to live by this principle most of my life and I have never been let down. There have been times when things should not have worked in my favour, humanly speaking, but then I serve a God who operates above all human logic and reasoning!
So as the day draws near I will pack cheerfully, not fearfully; with a smile as bright as the sunshine I anticipate I will rise at three in the morning and fly away. And I will trust. Trust that God will get us there safely, keep us there safely and bring us home again in safety!
More than that I will trust that as we are enjoying our little break, God will cross our paths with someone who needs His touch and allow them to soak up His love even as we are soaking up the sun.
It’s the way I prefer to live my days here at home and nothing will be different; except that I wouldn’t dream of burying my bare toes in a snow bank! I just trust that God will use me where He needs me the most.
So it makes no difference to me which country I happen to be in, I want to bring a smile to a face here or there as I make my way to the party!

Comments

Popular Posts