Stop Your Complaining!

So you could never guess what I’m hearing these days! ‘It’s so cold out there!’ ‘I’m freezing!’ ‘I can’t believe how cold it is.’ Yes, we’ve heard it all.  For the past few months we have had beautiful weather and if the temperatures were hanging around ten degrees for a day or two and suddenly dipped all the way down to four the complaints were readily hauled out!  And folks, I’m talking about December and January! Now we are actually experiencing seasonal temperatures. Just wait, in three months we’ll be putting up with ‘Oh it’s sooo hot!’
And that’s my rant for today. It has simply become a bad habit to complain about most everything.
We live in a beautiful part of the world. And no, it’s not too cold in the winter nor too hot in the summer. The government, although not perfect, is better than in many other parts of the world. We have medical care even if it doesn’t always work the way we would like. Paved highways, warm vehicles and houses in the winter months and air conditioning in the summer all bring a boost to our quality of living.
We really are so blessed and though there are many variations of life-quality, many of us having more in the way of opportunity and material wealth, overall this is not a third world country and we have so much to be thankful for.
A verse from the Bible, Philippians 2:14-16 comes to mind. These verses speak against murmuring and complaining and the whole point of living that life is so we can shine in our generation and in the end be assured that we did not run the race nor do the work in vain!
How awesome is that! Our Creator knew that our natural bent would be negative and He desires to shape and mould us into people that positively ‘shine’ with His glory!
So for the remainder of winter, and in spring when the rain comes ( too much for some and not enough for others ) when the heat of summer rolls in waves over us and the funnel clouds threaten to destroy us remember for every negative there HAS to be a positive. It really all comes down to choice; is the glass half empty or half full?
I’ve made my choice, I am here, I have to travel this road called life; I can do it grumbling and complaining or I can do it with a smile on my face and know in the end I did not live in vain!
And so I continue, cheerfully on the way to the party!

Comments

Popular Posts