HEY! WHAT HAPPENED?

We were not planning to take a warm climate vacation this year, but when someone puts a thought in your mind and you can’t get rid of it? No matter how often you pop yourself up-side the head and yell ‘Get out, get out, get out!’ it just will not leave. So what do you do then? I’ll tell you what to do; you go on line, find the warmest place that appeals to you the most, book it for the earliest possible date, pull out your credit card and pack your bag. It’s quite simple really!
Here we are now, home for two weeks and spring has actually sprung! When we arrived back from the south it was still extremely cold, then the time change happened and soon after, the first day of spring. During this speedy transition my energy was still lagging somewhat, and suddenly this burst hits me and I end up planning so much into my days I find it hard to find time for all the exciting things; like laundry and vacuuming etc.
Oh! So you can relate?
I just want to say I love this time of year! There is so much opportunity to pick up the pace, spruce things up in and around the house. Not only that, but these are things I never even thought of doing or noticed that they needed doing six weeks ago. Now everything is kicked into high gear and I love the energy I get just from the planning and of course, there’s always enough to get the job done.
Then there is the issue of hibernation which happens to us all in varying degrees every winter. The older I get the more comfortable that becomes! Last month the most likely thing for me after supper was to sit in my recliner with my feet up, reading a good book, watching T.V. Or working on a word search book! Tonight, suddenly I got the urge to go for a drive and of course pick up ice cream; how I hate when those urges hit me. But it did, and we did. A beautiful sunset later we arrived back home and I sighed and thanked God that spring has actually arrived. Oh yes, more snow is coming but it won’t be more than a tiny, cat-like sneeze in the grand scheme of things!
In Genesis 8 we read of the great biblical flood and it’s aftermath. When Noah and his family exited the ark and made a thanksgiving sacrifice to God, He was pleased and promised mankind that as long as the earth remains we will consistently see seed time and harvest, cold and heat, winter and summer as well as day and night. All those thousands of years ago and it still stands! God has not changed the order of things. I believe I am safe in putting my life in His hands and trusting Him to keep all the other promises He has made to His children!
Summer or winter I choose to trust Him as I continue on the way to the party!

Comments

Popular Posts