RISING ABOVE,

It seems everywhere I turn lately I’ve been staring this challenge in the face! The other day I was reading an article that spoke about people who live their entire lives looking up at the bottom of life and what could have been if they had only been given a few breaks along the way. Then I was watching a talk show on television that spoke to the same issue, bringing up the fact that many blame their parents and/or siblings for all the hardships they have endured. This not only causes the pain of resentment and unforgiveness to become a burden they seem destined to carry; it also makes it difficult for other family members to reach them with love. The wall has become so high and been reinforced over the course of many years so any loving acts or encouraging words cannot seem to penetrate.
As I see it there is not one human alive who has always had things going their way. Everyone has had issues and challenges to deal with although I realize that some have suffered greatly in comparison to others. Ironically, oftentimes it is those that have come out of the darkest situations that rise way above and shine much brighter than the rest of us! Then I have to say to myself, ‘Sister, you have nothing to complain about!’
When I hear full grown adults cast blame on something that happened years ago something in me just wants to scream out, ‘Suck it up, Princess!’ I thank God that in those moments His compassion reigns and I see the hurting child that was and the pain-filled adult who is stuck and has no idea how to move forward.
What saddens me more than anything else is to hear our beloved seniors in their 70’s and 80’s and beyond express bitterness and resentment as they recount stories of their childhood six or seven decades ago.
To them I want to say, ‘Go back there’,  let your emotions carry you back and think of all the ones that should have loved and protected you. It is too late to be receiving anything from them, so crawl into the lap of your LOVING Father God. Allow Him to wrap His arms of love around you and hug you tight. Let His compassion and acceptance seep into your very soul and ooze into every crevice of your scab-hardened heart. Let forgiveness flow for those that have hurt you; in doing so you are freeing yourself from their continued control.
As the heaviness begins to lift you will find yourself rising like a hot air balloon with all resistance gone. Don’t think it can happen? I KNOW it can; I am one living example and I know of many more!
I would be happy to introduce you to others if you will come and walk with me on the way to the party!

Comments

Popular Posts