⚖️ SAND or SNOW? ⚖️ HOT or COLD ? ⚖️

Now that’s the million dollar question this time of year when all of us living in the north of the northern hemisphere are getting winter weary. Longing for a pleasant change in the weather we decided that we would have to be the engineers of change for ourselves. We went, we saw, we enjoyed and now we’re back!  We are back and we are brown, or rather in my case a little bit red.
One thing that always amazes me is that no matter which country, which culture or color people are all the same on the inside. One of the reasons I love travelling is to meet other races and get to know a little bit about their cultures. I see many more similarities than differences. We all get happy and excited about the same things. The same things that are sad enough to bring me to tears seem to make everyone else sad as well. Some people are kind and compassionate no matter where they happen to live, others are impatient and miserable in the same circumstances.
I was reminded again recently that there is no one race or culture that has the corner on cheating and deceitfulness; these attributes just seem to attach themselves to anyone who welcomes them!
Right here and now I would like to give honour on the beautiful people of Mexico that I had the privilege of meeting last week. As a tourist using a cane for stability support I was not the fastest car on the track, yet I encountered only kindness and caring wherever I went. All those wonderful guides, drivers and waiters, you know who you are, I say ‘Thank you’ from the bottom of my heart. You made our time in your country so much more pleasant than it might have been!
The last day of our stay I enjoyed a cool dip in the ocean, dunking myself several times only to discover in horror as I returned to the sandy beach that I had forgotten to remove my waist pack before going into the water! In it were my cell phone, passport and Mexican immigration certificate. The certificate I needed to present in order to leave the country. The phone is right now in the cell phone ‘hospital’ where we are hoping it can be repaired and recovered! The passport was fine after a session with the blow dryer. The certificate was dried after the same fashion but came out looking worse for the wear. At the airport it was not accepted until it had received a special stamp at the immigration office. We were able to locate it in time get the stamp still make it to our boarding gate on time, not knowing that our flight would be delayed two hours. While waiting there the young man from the check-in counter came through, he recognized me and stopped to inquire as to whether I had been able to find the immigration office and get my stamp. I assured him all was well and accomplished and then thanked him for his concern, and he seemed genuinely pleased that he was able to help me.
That’s what I mean, folks, most people do enjoy being helpful and going the extra mile!
As a follower of Jesus Christ, I believe that is how He wants me to live. He made it clear as He walked and talked with his disciples on this earth, teaching them that if any one asked them for their sweater ( my version ) they were to give him their coat as well. Or if someone asked them to walk a mile with him they should walk for two miles.
Yes, the ungodly are the same the world over and those who belong to the Lord God are also the same  no matter where  they live.
I am determined that wherever I am, and whatever road I travel I will be one willing to walk that extra mile or kilometre. After all, I’ll only get there faster and I AM on my way to the party!

Comments

Popular Posts