HIS HEART FOR YOU

A year ago I entitled my blog post ‘GOD DOESN’T CARE’. He doesn’t care in that He loves us through everything we’ve ever done, no matter how horrible, how careless or how wasteful. God loves us right where we are and He loves us too much to leave us like that. 
Today I would like to present to you a God who cares far beyond where our finite minds can travel!
As a child I often wondered and questioned, ‘Why is it called Good Friday when it wasn’t good at all? It was sad, and they hurt Jesus so bad even though He never did anything wrong!’ Here is what I was told and what I now believe and experience daily. It is good because it is good for us. Because God had so much love for us He sent His own son to earth to live as a man, to give up His life for a cruel death on the cross so that I could come freely into God’s presence and have a part in all that He has for me in this life as well as life with Him in eternity. It sounds so simple yet it took all of the heart of an eternal God to put that plan into action. As Jesus hung on the cross He spoke and declared ‘It is finished!’ In those three little words He packed a promise that what He was doing meant that we would never have to pay the price required for us to have a relationship with our creator God; the cost was taken care of in a fashion that was both cruel and complete. Period. 
After the cross came the burial and then the resurrection! The work is completed, Jesus ascended up to the Father and is now preparing a place for all who have accepted His finished work on the cross.
My heart is too full to express it all. I thank my God every day for the freedom and victory I experience now simply by believing. I cannot help but desire to serve Him in every way I can. It seeems to me there are so many needs and yet I certainly don’t feel guilt over being limited in meeting them all. I listen for that small voice that tells me where I, personally, should get involved and I trust God to put other needs on the hearts of others. There is no condemnation only joy, freedom and victory in being obedient to the call on my life!
This, I believe, is a reflection of what is in the heart of Almighty God and this is all I want others to see as I travel down this road on the way to the party!

Comments

Popular Posts