OOPS! I BLEW IT!

Many years ago as a child I made a promise. There have been times in my pretty long life that I kept it and too many times when I didn’t. I can imagine you thinking, ‘Well, you were only a child. Children don’t always know what they’re doing, saying etc.’
You see, this promise was not empty or given thoughtlessly. I knew even at a young age that the hand of God was on me and He had a special plan and purpose for my life. Therefore when I made a promise to Him that I would serve Him happily, I meant it!
Isn’t it strange how promises can roll off the tongue so easily, yet are not so easily kept? There is a price to be paid when we are compelled to deliver. It isn’t always convenient to follow that tug of God on my heart; sometimes it takes a little bit of time, or a little bit of cash!
Now the times I’ve blown it, I wish I could say it was as a young, thoughtless kid but no, most often it has happened as an adult, knowing full well what I’m doing, how I must be grieving the heart of the One who loves me more than anyone else could,and being fully aware of the blessings missed in the process.
I know I can’t do enough good to save the world or even to make a dent in all that needs doing. This I do know, when I obey God it makes a difference for SOMEONE! It makes a dent in one person’s life. That makes all the difference to me. I have learned and am still learning that it was never intended for me to be the answer to everyone’s prayer; I simply need to be obedient in what God asks of ME! There is always someone on the other side of my obedience and it is not good enough for me to depend on others to fulfill my call to a task.
So yes, I have blown it many times and I’m sure will do so again. I do know that every time my heart has been broken for my carelessness and I come away with renewed commitment to serve where I can. This is what fulfills me, this is what gives me purpose.
I wish above all that everyone out there would find the peace and experience the joy that I have found in keeping a promise I made to my God as a young child.
As I continue down this path called life, I pray that the eyes and ears of my heart will always be open to see opportunities as they come up.
This should keep me busy on the way to the party!

Comments

Popular Posts