HIS HANDS ON MINE

Not long ago I was watching an interchange between a grandfather and his grandson; Grandpa was giving a basic lesson on how to use a mathematical geometry set. The young boy was struggling to handle the weapon type compass (I remember the same struggle many years ago resulting in repeated stabbings)! And you wonder why I struggle with Math! Anyway, Grandpa patiently placed his giant size paw over the slender hand of the boy and helped him maneuver the instrument into doing what it was intended to do. The result was an intricate design of interesting proportions with no first aid needed.
As I watched the lesson take form I couldn’t help but think, ‘This is exactly how it is with God and His children’. When we give ourselves over to His direction to fulfill His purpose for us, beautiful, interesting things happen!  The more closely we walk with Him the less likely we are to be hurt and in desperate need of the healing only He can supply.
Picture yourself trying to accomplish a task that you know God has set before you, but the feelings of inadequacy are overwhelming and you just don’t know how to get started and the accompanying fear is doing it’s best to cripple you and make you ineffective. This is NOT God’s desire for you. His Word is that He will strengthen you to do all things, Philippians 4:13. That is all things that He has asked of you!
 I can remember many times that I did not know where to begin in the task set before me. However, I knew that I knew that I knew, this is not my ides but God’s; when I had that assurance I could confidently ask Him to place His hand on my life and guide me through that difficult season. Emerging from the stretch of rapids my life had just come through I could look back in amazement and see where I had grown personally, how the test had proven not how good a Christ-follower I was, but how awesomely faithful my God is. We are a team and I will forever want to continue this path, being His hands and feet and mouth in this hurting world; giving myself up to His hand always on mine, always depending on the strength that comes only through my faith in Jesus Christ and the living hope He brings.
As I walk this path called LIFE I depend fully on His hand guiding me on the way to the party!

Comments

Popular Posts