NO MORE FEAR

I was so afraid! Afraid of the unknown; afraid of what I was sure was just around the corner, afraid of everything that might happen and afraid that nothing would happen. Sound confusing? I cannot disclose at this time what was causing fear of such magnitude but the fear was real enough. I found peace and strength only in the words of God found in 2Timothy 1:7, ‘For God has not given us the spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self discipline.’ (NLT) This version interchanges the word ‘fear’ with ‘timidity’; I see someone facing a situation without confidence or assurance that he/she is not alone and there is One much greater who is standing in for him. In any case I find my peace and assurance in the fact that God Himself has given me the spirit of power, love and a sound, disciplined mind.
So here is my next thought: a disciplined mind will purposely steer away from fear without basis. If there is a good reason for fear to rise up, there is still no good reason for fear to move in and control me. That is what a mind motivated by love and propelled by power does. It leads, instead of standing timidly by and allowing fear to ride rough shod over us. I believe I will choose to walk away from fear and allow love and a disciplined mind to reign!
Yes, I am sure fear is on the prowl and will quite likely attack again, but between God and me, we’ve got this.
A song we used to sing to our young children goes like this: ‘Ooky pooky, spooky fear, you have no right to be here. In Jesus name get out of here, fear be gone, be gone, be gone. Fear be gone...SCAT!’
If that’s what it takes that’s what I’ll be singing on the way to the party!

Comments

Popular Posts