GROW!

Having gotten ready by ridding ourselves of excess baggage, got our hearts and minds set in the Word  and ways of God we are now ready to GO. In considering the life of a child of God I believe that is synonymous with GROW.
Growth begins when the roots have spread far enough to support the plant and all its intentions.
As a member of God’s created race There is a plan laid out for me from the beginning of time, long before I was a gleam in my father’s eye. According to Psalm 139 God knew all about me and had it all written down in a book. Ephesians 2:10 reminds us, ‘For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do’. (NIV)
The growth or fruit in my life is revealed in my service to others. I recently read a phrase that said  ‘God doesn’t waste a hurt’. In 2 Corinthians 1:4 we read, ‘ Why does He do this? So that when others are troubled, needing our sympathy and encouragement, we can pass on to them this same help and comfort God has given us.’ ( TLB)
Our purpose for growth is to bear fruit; in this way we serve others.
Think of this, when a new baby is born he has all the muscles he will ever need in life; yes, this helpless little bundle that moulds so softly and perfectly into your arms doesn’t lack one single muscle. The only difference between him and his strapping big daddy is that dad’s muscles have been exercised and developed through constant use. Give the little guy a few years to grow and practise and his muscles will match and possibly exceed his dad’s.
As we live our lives there are countless opportunities to serve others; to bring hope and joy and peace into their lives. Part of this may mean sharing your own stories of struggles, failures and downfalls. Not stopping there, go on to share how God has used those difficult times to grow empathy and compassion in you, which you can in turn spill over into the lives of those you serve.
We have no idea who may be influenced by our honesty in word. Hurting people long to hear that there is an answer for their pain and they want to hear it from someone who can openly and honestly admit to having challenges and being hurt, but finding healing in Christ. Their ears are not so open to someone who, in their opinion. Has it all together.
I have been there, struggling to balance all the pain, low self esteem, unforgiveness, anger, self-pity etc. and not doing a good job of it! I also made the choice to let it all go, and left it with Jesus, who gave me the strength to go on. I made the choice to plant my roots into the truths of God’s Word and allow His love and His life to fill me. I believe I am still growing in all He has prepared for me to do.
May I challenge you to grow with me as we continue this path on the way to the party?

Comments

Popular Posts