LET’S TALK ABOUT GOD STUFF!

Little five year old Sarah settled in at my kitchen table. As she waited for me to dish up her lunch she piped up, ‘Auntie Ruby, can we talk about God stuff?’ This little sweetheart had just arrived back from a morning in kindergarten and would be spending the afternoon in my home daycare. As was our daily custom we would have lunch immediately after her arrival and as we ate and talked about all the important things that happen in the lives of pre-schoolers and kindergarteners, I would have worship music playing in the background.
Sarah loved a certain song performed by gospel artist, Ray Boltz, and would frequently belt out the words along with him. Out of that came many questions about God; who He is, what He’s like and what He does.
This particular day she just wanted to talk about ‘God stuff’. My heart filled to overflow point as she asked away and I tried my best to answer in five year old terms.
Just sitting here remembering warms my heart all over again and I pray that where ever this young adult lady is at this time she will feel the presence of the God who caught her attention all these years ago; I pray that she will be drawn to Him in a depth of relationship that will truly make a difference in her life and home. Focusing on ‘God stuff’ makes a difference no matter who you are or what your station in life!
I also remember the many times I’ve been drawn into a conversation and instead of steering it towards the ‘good, lovely, of good report’, etc. that we are exhorted in God’s word to do, I have continued along and wallowed in negativity and arguments. I’m not sure about you, but I leave that place feeling yucky and in desperate need of a spiritual shower!
I can’t help but wonder how our lives would play out differently if we focused on being more thankful in our speech, speaking less about other people, government leaders, family, drivers we share the road with etc.
When I think that I will spend much less time on this earth than in Heaven for eternity WITH God, maybe I ought to focus a little more on including Him in my daily life.
God is good and He has great plans for me here. Therefore I will choose to walk this path with love, compassion and humility, talking about God stuff on the way to the party!

Comments

Popular Posts