SO MANY THANKS

 Thanksgiving is past but who says we can’t give thanks any day of the year? I know, some days are more challenging than others and even on days like that there is ALWAYS a reason to be grateful for something!

A month ago my dear husband had to undergo surgery to have his shoulder joint replaced; yes, he is well on the way to becoming the bionic man! After having been warned that it would be quite painful, we were both pleasantly surprised when he really experienced minimal pain. Thank you, Lord!

Then, he also found that he qualified for a few hours of help at home each week for the first month. Wow and double wow! Since his personal needs for assistance were not that great the blessing kind of spilled over to me. Now, I don’t mind housework but the break from bathrooms, mopping and vacuuming has been an amazing blessing that I never expected. God is full of great surprises and I am so grateful!

Every day, it seems there is something or several things that stand out to me, drawing my attention to the God who made me, loves me just as I am and sends me little gifts as I walk this path called ‘life’! Today for instance, I was doing a little yard clean-up in preparation to welcome tomorrow’s predicted snowfall. I entered the warm house and my glasses immediately steamed up, causing me to remove them and put them...I can’t remember where! Here I was frantically running around the house searching, since I had to leave shortly for an appointment and I absolutely cannot drive without them. My hubby found them for me; thanks hon, and thank you God. Later in the morning, appointment done I was in a store completing an errand. I went to leave and realized the keys which were in my hand upon entering were there no longer. I had left my purse in the car so they should have been in my hand! Leaving my purchases with security I went to the checkout and asked if any keys had been turned in. She immediately reached under the counter and brought up my keys! God, your timing is perfect and for that I thank you. To top off my day I was returning to ‘my’ car after grocery shopping and headed right for a car that looked an awful lot like mine. Again, my husband called out from where mine was actually parked and a minor disaster was diverted; thank you, God, AGAIN! It seems my Lord and I had a busy day!

In case I didn’t introduce myself earlier, I’m blonde, Senior blonde. Now, this may explain why I do certain things but my response to what I do is simply the result of a commitment made long ago. I will give thanks in everything because my Lord asks it of me; I will rejoice today and everyday because it is the only way to peace and victory! I am committed to this and although I fail many times and stumble over that promise, I still find my joy in recognizing the good gifts God has given to me and returning thanks for them all.

Please, walk with me as we continue in praise and thanksgiving on the way to the party!

Comments

Popular Posts